Wow! What an insane week! We had a lot of plumbing issues, I mean no running potties for 1 1/2 days. For a SAHM with 2 little ones, that is a LONG time! Because of extra expense with the plumbing, I decided to cook out of the freezer. This is when freezer cooking is such a blessing! If you haven’t started freezer meals, now’s the time.
It’s easy to get started, here are a few tips…..
- If you know your family will not eat an entire recipe, split it into 2 dishes. Eat one and freeze the other. This is the one I do since Rooster Brown is not keen on eating leftovers.
- Pick one or 2 recipes a week to double. In no time you will have a months worth of meals!
- Start simple with breads or muffins. I always have muffins in the freezer for quick, out the door breakfasts.
So…now, here’s what we are eating this week!
- Lemon cake (hey…It’s no worse than a fried donut right??)
- Cinnamon Rolls – from the freezer
- Cheese Eggs x 3
- Turkey Roll ups
- Homemade Pizza
- PB & J on rice cakes
- Hot Dogs
- Mac & Cheese
- Lunch Out
- Cheese Quesadillas
- Lemon Chicken – from the freezer
- Hamburgers – from the freezer
- Spaghetti – from the freezer
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice – from the freezer
- Red Beans and Rice – from the freezer
- Chicken Tacos – from the freezer
- Chicken Pesto Alfredo – from the freezer
- Home made Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Honey Wheat Bread
I didn’t really have anything to buy at the store this week except fresh fruits and veggies, milk, eggs, etc. I only spent $60 filling in the gaps, leaving us with $40 to help with the plumbing!
How did you do this week?